Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Irony

When I created this blog several months ago I was very intentional about it's name. "Sweet Simplicity: celebrating the simple joys in faith, life, and love" How far from the truth that currently is. I wanted to cut back, life simply, love wholy, and NOT get stressed out. I tried to make that a pattern. Whoops what happened. My life is anything but. I've decided not to withdraw from Bethel, but I am going to drop a class. Maybe that will simplify things. I re-read my post "When Life Kicks You in the Face" and it could have been written just two short days ago. Man it stinks to be in that place. However, today I am optimistic, and once again determined to stick it out and persevere. The weather is beautiful, and spring is here. I can't say that I've been able to enjoy it. It's too hard to try to be happy and enjoy something when the world is crashing, but today in a small way I was. On my way back from church three deer were walking on the road between Lissner and Arden Village East as I arrived on campus. I was able to enjoy them, and have the windows down pumping a few tunes on my way. I'm also getting excited about being an RA next year. I can't wait to find out who the rest of my team is, and what room I'm living in. Well, I really need to get back to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment