Tuesday, April 27, 2010

5K Week Two

WEEK TWO

Day Three: April 27

So training continues. Running today was a little more difficult. I was motivated and ready, but my muscles weren't quite as happy when I was done. I ran out around Lake Valentine and for some reason I kept crossing paths with these two guys who were walking. Super ackward...ok not really, but I began to wonder if they thought I was trying to cross their path. It's the same way I run every time people!! I even took a little detour when the path split hoping to avoid them, but because of my "avoid" detour I ran into them two more times than I would have if I had just passed them on my normal path. Oh well.

Total Time: 27 minutes

Bethel has this thing called the Spring Sprint. It's a 5K from Fountain Terrace to North Village. You can run, walk, jog, rollerblade, skip, etc and it's to support a local charity or cause. I think I'm going to do it. Camille said she'd walk it with me. I think we'll run at least part of it. It'll give me a good idea of how long a 5K is so I'll be ready to finally run one. Getting excited!!

Day Four: April 29

Today I was a little short on time since I didn't get started until almost nine and I had a meeting at nine thirty. However, it was GREAT. I did a shorter warm up walk and did three long running stints with walking inbetween for a grand total of 20 minutes. I felt great. I didn't even realize I could run that far and I forgot how much I love running. The seminary path was enchanting and smelled fantastic thanks to all the lilac, cherry, and crab apple trees which are all in bloom right now. The temperature is perfect outside and I'm getting stoked about this 5k next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment