Saturday, May 8, 2010

Spring Sprint

Each year, in the spring as the name suggests, Bethel sponsors a 5k from Fountain Terrace to North Village. The means of travel may be somewhat unconventional - students can walk, bike, rollerblade, jog, skateboard, etc. My good old excersizing buddy Camilli and I did a combination I like to call Jogking (walk, jog, and run). We were perfect "partners" as we both are about equally fit - too out of shape to run the whole thing. But we wanted to try to jog as much as possible. It was really cold this morning and slightly rainy which motivated us in an attempt to keep from freezing to death. I guess there was a little bit of snow last night, I didn't see any. The race started at 10:30 so we caught the 10:00 shuttle from Bethel to Fountain Terrace. With all the racers the 15 passenger van was packed - at least 24 people. We left at 10:30 and I think it took up about 45 minutes to get back. Half way along the trail there was a "pit stop" of oranges and water. I foud this quite silly, but a fun break. We made it up to North Village where they have a big BBQ afterward (well they call them BBQ's here in MN, but in Wisconsin terms it's a grill out. No sloppy joes, pulled beef or BBQ sauce to be found, just hot dogs and burgers). Camille and I were anxious for a cheeseburger, and the smell of charcoal is synonymous with springtime. I can still here the music quite loudly outside my window as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment