Monday, August 23, 2010

Looking Ahead

I know this year is going to be a crazy one. We finish up RA training tomorrow, and if there's only one thing I've learned this week...it's how different this year is going to be than what I expected. There are things an RA does I never even thought about, and in all honesty have no idea how to deal with. All I can do is surrender this year to God's hand and constantly pray He will work through me. I can't do it. There is not a single chance I can do anything to help a resident in any of these situations we've been training for. I pray that God may be glorified through this year and that I may be a humble servant. I pray that God will bind us together as a staff, as a community, and as individuals for his purposes. I'm so excited for my roommates and the amazing times we are going to have this year along with the support they will bring. One of them texted me this verse today. It perfectly exemplifies how I feel about this year and the attitude I'm striving to posses.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment