Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chocolate and New Years Resolutions

This year I made many more resolutions than normal. In the past I've given up gum successfully for one year, but that's about the only thing I've resolved. However, this year I gave up chips (except tortilla chips), pledged to read my Bible EVERY day (I've missed a couple already, but have been thus far fairly good), and to memorize a verse every month. For the month of January I've been fasting from Chocolate, which isn't too hard if you set your mind to it. I'm actually thinking about continuing it indefinitely.

2 comments:

  1. John 14:21 "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright so I've failed at the reading my Bible everyday part. And the memorizing verses too. Look at me the terrible Christian. I also went off my chocolate fast Feb 1, in time for Valentines Day, but I'm back on again for Lent.

    ReplyDelete