Friday, February 26, 2010

Blind Date

Yesterday around noon I walked through the revolving door of the California Pizza Kitchen. I was supposed to meet my mentor who had just texted to inform me she'd be about 10 minutes late.
The hostest asked me "how many?"
I responded with "two".
"A gentelman?" the hostest questioned with a slight intrique in her voice.
I kindly told her no, and she proceeded to make a comment about a gentleman who was waiting for someone. Jokingly she said she'd "hook us up" if I was up for a blind date.
"You know that's not such a bad idea" I thought to myself half heartedly. We then chatted about speed dating and blind dates as she led me to my table. When Maybe arrived I told her the story and directed her attention to the man in a white and red stripped dress shirt on the opposite side of the restaurant. He was now sitting with an older man (probably his father).
"You should have gone for it" she joked.
It could have been fun, maybe next time I will. I'm up for a random blind date. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha, yes, that would have been awesome!

    Probably very awkward though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true. He was a little bit older too. Maybe 30ish.

    Could have been fun though :)

    ReplyDelete