Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Preschool - November Week 1 - G, Green




Core:
Letter “G” (107-110)
Color “green”
Good vs. Bad

Activities:
Red Light, Green Light Game

Printables:
Green-Verde Frog Coloring Page

Song:
G is for goofy (below)



Something new we've added in the past couple weeks are the letter circling stories.  My daughter loves to circle things, and these worksheets are a great way for her to work on her upper and lower case letter recognition.  This week is "G is for Gumball".  I read her the story and she then circles every letter "Gg" that she sees.  These were part of some preschool resources given to me by my sister-in-law, but they are original from www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com.  Her printables weren't up and working when I checked out the site, so I'm not sure if they were part of her downloadable archives or not.  I still have to do a little more exploring of what she has to offer, but I've begun using more of her stuff and have really been benefitting from it.

A second thing I've been using recently are these laminated writing practice pages.  They came in the crate of preschool stuff my sister-in-law gave me.  I wasn't planning on using them this year, since we're working mostly on letter recognition, but when we did the letter "P" my daughter surpized me by tracing them perfectly.  We just use Crayola ultra clean markers on them, and they wipe clean with a damp cloth.  The letter "G" was still a little too hard, and I don't think we'll use them every week, but for some of the easier letters, or letters in her name I think they will be helpful.  I'm confident they will defiantly be helpful when we start hand writing in the next couple years.


Find more resources like these from Jan Z Olson and Handwriting Without Tears.  I wasn't able to find the exact product that these handwriting pages (above) came from, but it looks like she has a library of great resources for handwriting and keyboarding.  Unfortunately, they aren't free.  Makes me feel extra blessed that these were given to me.

G is for Goofy Song
an original masterpiece by yours truly
(to the tune of 'C is for Cookie' from Sesame Street)

G is for goofy, that's good enough for me (3x)
Oh...goofy, goofy, goofy, starts with G

No comments:

Post a Comment